Ecstasy is a”designer” drug, manufactured by foreign or “underground” chemists. It’s available in powder, tablet or capsule form and is swallowed or snorted. It combines a hallucinogenic with a stimulant and intensifies all emotions. Also known as X, XTC, Adam, E, Roll.
Molly is a street name for a drug that is pushed as a pure form of MDMA. Molly has been flooding the market and has become popular in the electronic music scene over the past several years. Although users believe this synthetic drug to be pure MDMA, Rusty Payne, a spokesman from the DEA, said that 80 to 90% of the time they are given a substance believed to be MDMA, it is something else.
- A tingly sensation of the skin.
- Increased heart rate and raised body temperature.
- Dry mouth.
- Can cause cramps, blurred vision, chills or sweats and nausea.
- Users tend to clench their jaws while using. Many teens or young adults chew on things like pacifiers while on Ecstasy.
- Can cause depression, paranoia, anxiety and confusion.
- Can cause organ damage or death.
- With chronic use, depression, paranoia, anxiety and confusion can become permanent.
- Can cause fatal heart attacks and breathing cessation, even with one use.
- Highly addictive, with intense physical and psychological cravings.